Discussions are underway regarding the proposed amalgamation of Peace Ranch and Supportive Housing in Peel (SHIP). The intention is for Peace Ranch to transition under the governance of SHIP by March 31, 2016. The guiding principles for this transition are as follows:
- Clients will be provided access to the best possible care, when and where required.
- Existing clients will experience little to no change to the services they receive.
- The unique sensitivities and culture of Peace Ranch will be respected and preserved.
- Peace Ranch will integrate with SHIP under a single governance model which will include Peace Ranch representation on the SHIP Board.
- No staff will lose his or her employment due to the integration.
- Any efficiencies gained through the union, together with any synergistic benefits, will be targeted to strengthening the organization and improving client services
- All communications will be conducted in an open, honest, respectful and inclusive manner.
Together, Peace Ranch and SHIP will issue regular communications to keep you updated and informed. PLEASE REFER TO THIS PAGE FOR UPDATES AS THEY BECOME AVAILABLE